Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Day 3

Day 3 was the absolute worst day for running ever. I was suppose to run 4 miles. It was 15 degrees with a 0 degree wind chill. But the weather was the least of my worries. I don't know what Dave did to me yesterday but my legs were not into it today. I could tell from the get go that it was gonna be a long, dreadful 4 miles. But I plugged away and at about the 3 miles mark I got the WORST CRAMP EVER, in my calf. I tried to stretch it out I got a cramp in my quad. So I limped my way to my door step. It was crappy, but hopefully that will be the one and only time it happens.

Thursday will be my favorite days of the coming weeks because they are OFF DAYS!!!!!!!!! Runners get excited about off days. Well People who pretend they are runners get excited about off days...i.e. ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Until another day,


Bryan

4 comments:

Matt said...

I think it is human nature to be excited about "day's off" no matter what the activity or obligation. Cherish those days, and when that cramp happens, just think "only X days and Y miles before my next day off" (or maybe don't if those numbers seem daunting).

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

I hate bad running days. Be sure to drink lots of water and eat bananas to help prevent cramps...you probably know that already...but just in case, it will help!

Gigi said...

Potatoes actually have a lot of potassium in them as well!!

I know, I know, suggestions from a "non-runner."

By the way, both Matt and I ran yesterday (indoor track). We did mostly walking and very little running- although Garek can run and run....

1stmarathon said...

keep up the good work my man....just remember...we're training for a marathon...not a sprint! We'll get there!
KEEP IT UP